Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dragon

Hi Guys,

Sorry it has been such a long tme between posts. I have been in a bit of a funk and have been working on other spiritual things to get myself out of it. Anyway I have been busy on the last weeks with a arts class I have been teaching coming to an end and getting this mega Dragon done for a very close friends 50th birthday. I miss the birthday deadline but he does not care as he has seen pics of the progress so far and is simply blown away by what I have created.


To be totally honest so am I.


I never thought I could create somewthing so detailed and lfelike( if there is such a thing).


Anyway the spechs are hight 65cm, width 95cm Apoxie scultpt over an aliminium armature base on a wooden candle stick. The teeth and some of the horns are made from Transluscent Prosculpt Polymer Clay and the rest from Apoxie sculpt. I have used nearly 3 x 4lb tubs of Apoxie for this sculpture.


I have been using The Dragon Bust Tutorial by Julianne Sizemore as a guide and reference plus searched the net for images of different dragons to figure out what I wanted to do. Not that has really done much as this is one purely from my imagination and is very serpent like in my eyes.













Okay the basic form is finished and now I can start adding colour. Firstly a black and white base coat.





And then some Antique Copper Metallic paint mixed with Metallic Bright Red and Sequin Black for the back and Pearl White with Red Irridescent covering for the front of the wings and the belly. I have yet to decide what colour to do the face ad the eyes. But I like the idea of going from light to dark for the face. Might play with that later.


I will add more pictures as I get closer to finishing which has to be by Friday as that is when we are handing it over to the new owner.

Take care

Hugs

Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment