Saturday, April 24, 2010

Continuation of Dragon Bust


I have finally figured out how to make the chest plates using polystyrene hearts cut in half and quarters, shaved off at the back and shaped into a cup then glued onto the chest with craft glue that does not melt the polystyrene. It looks good and then I covered the whole area with paper clay and sculpted the plates into the shapes I wanted. Overall I am please with the look and now I have to remake the arms to be stronger and more in proportion with the rest of the body, the half that we can see that is.
Then it is onto the first rice paper cover for the wings and I will start making the horns and spines for the back ridge and the face shape. I have yet to decide wether to use dolls eyes or paint them on. I want it to be very statling and mesmerising so I will see what I want. Might get some special dolls eye to put in place if I can find what I want with the slit pupil and right colouring. That means I will have to decide what colours I want him to be and I am not sure if I am that far in my planing.
I am also in the middle of making a big butterfly with a wire wrapped body. I have the wings painted and the body under wrapping done and am using a spare head to see if this will work. Will post pics in a few days of how it is progressing.
Hugs
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment